Many manufacturers have different guidelines and charges with regard to returns. Wherever the manufacturer has a policy that falls outside the scope of Dealers Supply policy as detailed below, we have added that manufacturer’s policy to the appropriate price list and it will override Dealers Supply policy. In the absence of any Return Authorization guidelines on a price list, Dealers Supply policy will apply.
Dealers Supply Return Authorization Policy and Guidelines:
A return authorization must be issued before material can be accepted for return. Items must be in a condition that is suitable for immediate resale. Items not in original cartons, opened cartons, or items otherwise not fit for immediate resale cannot be accepted for return. If the driver accepts material not fit for immediate resale and subsequent inspection at the branch discovers non-sellable material, credit for the damaged material will not be issued.
Requests for return authorization must be made within 60 days of invoicing to the customer.
Items approved for return must be in Dealers Supply possession within 2 weeks of issuance of the Return Authorization.
Dealers Supply Delivery charges will not be credited unless the return is due to a Dealers Supply or Manufacturer error.
All items will carry a minimum $60 restocking fee.
- From 15 – 30’ in length will carry a 20% restocking charge,
- 30 – 60’ will carry a 15% restocking charge,
- 60’+ will carry a 10% restocking charge.
Stocking trim pieces and stocking boxed items (boxed items that are dye run sensitive must be inn quantities of 5 or more):
- Less than pallet quantity will receive a 20% restock fee.
- Pallet quantities or more will receive a 10% restock fee.
There are two main categories of returns:
1) (Customer Error) items that a customer wishes to return because they have over-ordered, ordered incorrectly or their customer has cancelled;
2) (Vendor Error) Items that are defective, damaged, or sent in error.
Items Returned due to Customer Error:
Items Eligible for Return:
- Regular stocking items for Dealers Supply Company.
- Non-stocking or special order items may be returned but only if the manufacturer agrees to take back the material. In this case, the customer must pay for the return freight to the manufacturer and the restocking fee as determined by the manufacturer.
- Sheet vinyl or carpet more than 15’ in length.
- Boxed items that are dye run sensitive in quantities of 5 or more.
Items Not Eligible for Return due to Customer Error:
- Sundry items.
- Dropped or discontinued merchandise.
- Cabin Grade, Mill Trial, Seconds, clearance sale items. Items sold as Cabin Grade, Mill Trial, or in clearance sales are sold “as is” and are not subject to return.
- “Seconds” quality material will not be accepted for return unless a Dealers Supply or manufacturer representative deems the material un-installable. We assume that by their very nature Seconds will have some sort of defect and that defect will not be a basis for return. Dealers Supply defines un-installable roll good material as material having repeating holes or tears throughout the entire roll, de-lamination of the material from its backing, or the wrinkling of the carrier paper throughout the entire roll. Un-installable box goods is defined as out of square, delaminated, or the locking mechanism is defective.
- Boxed items that are dye run sensitive in quantities of less than 5.
- Sheet Vinyl in quantities of less than 15’.
Items Returned due to Dealers Supply or Manufacturer Error:
Materials that are defective, where hidden damage is discovered, or where items were sent in error (i.e. wrong size, wrong color, order cancelled*, etc.), returns will not be assessed a restock fee.
Requests must still be made within 60 days of invoicing and Dealers Supply may choose not to issue a return authorization until the material is inspected by a salesperson.
a. If the inspection confirms a defect, damage that was caused prior to delivery, or a shipping error, then restock charges will be removed.
b. If the inspection finds no defect, damage that should have been visible at the time of delivery, or no shipping error then the customer will have the option to process the return according to the guidelines of this policy. If this policy indicates that the return would not otherwise have been approved or if the customer chooses not to process as a return to prevent restock fees, Dealers Supply will return the material with no additional delivery fee.
c. If some of the material has been installed, Dealers Supply will only process the uninstalled material for return. Installed material should be processed as a claim. Uninstalled material that is returned will receive an immediate credit for unopened boxes. Any opened boxes that are returned will not be credited until the claim for the merchandise has been settled.
i. If the claim is approved, credit on opened boxes will be issued in full.
ii. If the claim is denied, the customer will have the following options:
1. Take both the opened and unopened cartons back with no additional delivery charge and at the price in effect for the original order.
2. Take back the opened cartons only and pay the restock fee on the unopened cartons (as long as the unopened cartons are eligible for return)
If the customer is COD, the replacement order will be sent on open account. In the event that it is determined that there is no justification for return of the original material, the customer will be financially responsible for both orders and/or restock fees.
*Cancellation numbers are provided each time an order is canceled with Dealers Supply. In the event material is delivered and the dealer cannot provide a cancellation number, the criteria for returns must be met and restocking fees will apply. If an order for roll goods has already been cut at the time cancellation is requested, then the order is subject to the return goods guidelines above.